[OTTD] Cindini Release 2.0

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).

What would your favourite holiday destination on Cindini be?

Capitola
25%
Mia Bonanda
4%
Tilegro
4%
San Berdetta
14%
Ceronio
4%
Murica Isle
18%
The Antian Mountain range
7%
The Merlin Islands
7%
The Sacuria Plateau
No votes
Cristopher Bay
18%

Total votes: 28

Whopper
Engineer
Engineer

[OTTD] Cindini Release 2.0

Post by Whopper »

Hereby I would like to release my second version of the map called: Cindini!

Index:
  • 1) Version 2.0 changes
    2) 5 top city trips
    3) 5 top tourist destinations (outside the major cities)
    4) Map download
(Note: Some of the pictures in the tourist guide were altered in photoshop)

With the release I also would like to post a small "tourist guide" showcasing some of the maps features.
I would like to start with the changes made in this new version of the map:

1) Version 2.0 changes:

- Most prominent cities and towns had a large make-over, adding a lot more detail to them.

- Population increased from 3.2 million to more then 4.5 million.

- Adding new (smaller) towns and suburbs without altering the original Cindini overview map.

- Standardization of signs on the map:
  • * Point of interest*
    -- city/town district--
    -{* MAJOR GEOGRAPHICAL REGION *}-
    << extra notes >>
- Integrating new features like the canal “locks” to the map.

- Many other (smaller) updates to the map.

As stated the overview maps were not changed for this version. You can still watch those two large overview maps by clicking on this link below:

Overview map
http://www.stage-tanzania.nl/Cindini/MapCindini.jpg
Road map:
http://www.stage-tanzania.nl/Cindini/RoadMapCindini.jpg

2) Top 5 city trips:

Capitola

Capitola is not only the geographic heart of the continent but with a population of over a million (including suburbs) also the most populous metropolitan area on the continent by far. The strait of Chuach splits this enormous city in two, with a bustling city center and surrounding metropolitan area in the North and a laid back atmosphere in the southern hills where you can find most of the cities beaches.

Click here for a large screenshot of the area:
http://www.stage-tanzania.nl/Cindini_R2/Shot_01.jpg

Top 5 things to do and see:

ImageWalk along the tall skyscrapers of downtown Capitola with a view over the strait of Chuach.
ImageVisit the impressive “Palacio Presidental” at “Isla del Capitola” where Impiriata's government resides.
ImageDo some shopping at the exclusive (but expansive) Avenida Pompanjo in the Sinjeta district.
ImageGo wild at one of the trendy clubs in “Punto Carnaval”.
ImageVisit the Mia Norte national park, a peaceful getaway inside the Capitola metropolitan area.

Mia Bonanda

Since it's independence Mia Bonanda has grown a few years back from a medium sized mining town to a bustling metropolis. It has taken over the role of economic center of the continent and most foreign companies have their headquarter located in the city.

http://www.stage-tanzania.nl/Cindini_R2/Shot_02.jpg

ImageSlumber along “the green mile”, Mia Bonanda's main street split by a stretched stroke of trees.
ImageDiner on top of “torre uno” down at saint Cristo avenue where you have wonderful sight over the city.
ImageVisit one of the large shopping center's around the greater Mia Bonanda Area.
ImageRaft down yellowspring river at new Pretoria, Mia Bonanda's southern suburb.
ImageEnjoy an afternoon in the Sumita park, Cindini's largest and most visited urban Park.

Tilegro

Although seldom visited by tourists, the capitol of Rutanio makes an interesting cultural side tour of the beaten track. Once the center of Cindian's wealthiest country the “gray city” fell into an economic decline like the rest of Rutanio under it's new communistic regime.

http://www.stage-tanzania.nl/Cindini_R2/Shot_03.jpg

ImageExperience the communistic grandeur while walking along the broad “avinade de Cuba” with a breath-taking view over the upper lake and at the statio palace.
ImageWatch the ocean of lights from the slums surrounding lower lake Viagro on top of the Burgois Bridge during the night.
ImageVisit the unspoiled Barovi Delta National park east of the City.
ImageDrive around the “el cuadrado gris”, Cindini's largest squire.
ImageTake a hike on the bottom of the empty Lamuti channel

Saint Berdetta

Saint Berdetta was one of the earliest European settlements on the continent, and stayed the most important city during the colonial era's and first years of independence. Today Saint Berdetta is still one of the prime ports and it's attractive seaside settings make it also a popular holiday destination.

http://www.stage-tanzania.nl/Cindini_R2/Shot_04.jpg

ImageExperience the (relatively) laid-back beach live of Saint Berdetta at the Caleiro promenade, located at Cindini's best known and most visited beach.
ImageExplore Saint Berdetta's historic city center at Juano Island.
ImageGo shopping at the picturesque Juano waterfront or the modern new downtown area.
ImageGo sandboarding at the Milano Dune
ImageDrive along many steep roads up and down the rolling hills on which the city was build.

Ceronio

Nicknamed “the new Venice” this city is a major tourist attraction and the religious capital of Impiriata. Like Venice, the city was builded on many smaller islands.

http://www.stage-tanzania.nl/Cindini_R2/Shot_05.jpg

ImageTake a romantic boat trip along the Canals of the old city.
ImageVisit the Santo Massucio cathedral, the oldest remaining church building found on Cindini.
ImageHave diner at one of the many culinary gems found in former store houses of the Antiguo Muelle.
ImageGet lost hiking through Ceronio's maze of charmingly faded streets.
ImageDo a canoe adventure along the wild Ãguila Canyons found east and west of the city.

3) Top 5 tourist destinations (outside the major cities):

Murica Isle

Murica Isle is an independent nation inside the kingdom of the Netherlands, but with a strong tie to the main land. This paradise Island offers not only some of the best beaches and dive locations in Cindini but also economic and political stability.

http://www.stage-tanzania.nl/Cindini_R2/Shot_06.jpg

ImageWorld class diving at the two marine parks on the island or on nearby Jonkerplaat.
ImageVisit one of the many picture perfect beaches.
ImageEnjoy a sunny afternoon with a cold drink in one of the many bars along the channels of little Amsterdam (Zuidervoort)
ImageClimb Amalia peak inside Amalia national park
ImageEnjoy a bustling beach party at nieuwe Koog, the Island's primary youth destination.

The Antian mountain range

The great Antian mountain range forms a natural border for the encroaching desert in the west and the swamplands in the east. While it wasn't long ago that these land's were regarded inhospitable by travelers, economic prosperity and the increase in tourism introduced a well maintained road network giving access to what is considered one of the most beautiful geographic and natural regions in the world..

http://www.stage-tanzania.nl/Cindini_R2/Shot_07.jpg

ImageVisit the magnificent Sanarit crater with beautiful views and prime wildlife watching on the crater floor.
ImageTake a long hike around the mountain range or on the fast Picatu steppes bordering the mountains in the east.
ImageHire a canoe and explore the unique flora and fauna along the shores of lake Punica.
ImageVisit the booming mountain town of Lavito with great views over the Lavito corge and lake punica.
ImageTake a cultural tour to some of the sleepy native villages found in the Latia wetlands just west of the Antian mountains.

The Merlin Islands

This overseas property of great Britain is quite isolated from the rest of Cindini. The archipel consists of three tropical paradise Islands: Saint Brandon, Saint Harold and Saint Catwell. With a firm immigration policy and a population that is of mostly wealthy western European descent the Island enjoys the lowest poverty rate on the continent and it has been one of the major holiday destinations on the continent for many years.

http://www.stage-tanzania.nl/Cindini_R2/Shot_08.jpg

ImageDo some surfing at Palmbreeze or Windham beach.
ImageVisit the still active volcano at Saint Harold Isle.
ImageDo a fruit plantation tour at Saint Catwell Isle or the southern part of Saint Brandon Isle.
ImageExperience a classic British soccer match at the Saint Brandon stadium.
ImageDo some shopping in one of Pickwet's trendy stores.

The Sacuri Plateau

The Sacuri plateau was one of the earliest locations to be settled by Europeans, it's fertile and lush surroundings where an ideal base for farming and the cultivation of rubber. It's green rolling hills with old picturesque villages and farms make it the most visited cultural destination outside the large city's.

http://www.stage-tanzania.nl/Cindini_R2/Shot_09.jpg

ImageVisit the historic 17th century Portuguese settlements of Mia Gardeniero, Altomirador and Fuerte Asterné.
ImageTake one of the many rubber plantation tours around the plateau, most starting at the Martinez estate in Mia Martinez.
ImageWatch the water run down from the plateau through the many canal locks in the town of San Perez.
ImageLearn all about the Toneladas Indians (Cindian's largest native tribe) at Adya Toneladas.
ImageCool down in the comfortable waters of the Benjarno reservoir.

Cristopher Bay

With it's great beaches and relatively cool climate the Cristopher bay is the major getaway for the residents of the Mia Bonanda metropolitan area. Don't expect to have a quite vacation however because it's beaches, nightclubs and water sport activities make it one of the continent's main youth attractions.

http://www.stage-tanzania.nl/Cindini_R2/Shot_10.jpg

ImageWatch the sundawn at one of the superb beaches around the bay.
ImageEnjoy the (in)famous nightlife of Costa Amello.
ImageCelebrate an South African Braai at the Somerberg plaas to the North.
ImageVisit the sumando dam, in the Higlands east of the bay.
ImageTrack many different primates at the Rubero Island National Park south of the Bay.

4) Map download:

The map is downloadable here:
http://www.stage-tanzania.nl/Cindini_R2 ... %202.0.scn

To play the map it is highly advised to keep city expansion disabled. You can disable the city expansion by going to: options > advanced settings > economy > towns and set the town growth rate to "none".

It is also advised to use a patch or mod to disable the industry closures that will otherwise occur when starting the map. A suggested patch for this is: "manual industries" ([url]link: http://grfcrawler.tt-forums.net/details ... ils&id=244[/url])

Some of the trees will slowly disappear in the smaller parks and green strokes. Therefor it would also be possible to use a patch or mod where you can disable tree growth. A suggested patch for this would be: http://bugs.openttd.org/task/1605

For any information on the previous version visit the following link:
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... it=Cindini

For any sugestions or questions you are free to PM or mail me :) (or drop a message in this topic)
Last edited by Whopper on 10 Aug 2009 22:19, edited 2 times in total.
Xander
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: Cindini Release 2.0

Post by Xander »

somuchwin.png
somuchwin.png (190.94 KiB) Viewed 10822 times
Real Tycoons do it on Trains!

JAMI: Just Another Moronic Intelligence
CommanderZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by CommanderZ »

Epic epic epic
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Benny »

Jeeeesus chriiiist.... :shock:
Comm Cody
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Comm Cody »

CINDINI!!!!!!!! :D (Goes off to download it)

Also Jeez 5 Megabytes! :shock:
Something goes here, hell if I know.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

I believe I require fresh underwear.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

That looks rather impressive, I must say.
jonty-comp
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jonty-comp »

Good lord, I've never seen someone put so much work into OTTD screenshots! If the game itself looked like this, I think I would die of happiness. Very well done!

P.S. moved to scenarios forum

P.P.S.

Code: Select all

22:16 < Sacro> orudge: Xandar needs an award for best reply EVAR
welshdragon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD] Cindini Release 2.0

Post by welshdragon »

I think half of IRC just went and lost their virginity, I'll grab this later...
Semi-Retired TT-Forums Member.
These days I'm:
[list][*]A Local Transport Representative for Bus Users Cymru
[*]Social Media Advisxer for Bus Users Cymru
[*]Volunteer and Fundraiser for Guide Dogs[/list]
flickr | twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Steam

I used to be an idiot called tycoonmarkj.
Comm Cody
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Comm Cody »

Um Jonty, you screwed up the images I believe
Something goes here, hell if I know.
jonty-comp
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jonty-comp »

They still work fine here! D: They do break the tables a bit on 1024x768, but personally I don't care with this level of awesomeness. :P
Bad Hair Day
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bad Hair Day »

I demand directions to this paradise.
My OpenTTD screenshot thread.

Formerly known as Lankku / 2-10-0
Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lord Aro »

WOW. 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o
AroAI - A really feeble attempt at an AI

It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration. --Edsger Dijkstra
FHS
Director
Director

Post by FHS »

Just plain awesomness

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
Whopper
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Whopper »

Thanks all :)

Just found out I uploaded the wrong version however :P

The one uploaded is a recent one but does not have a starting camera position on the middle of the map (Capitola)

This is fixed now.
lawton27
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lawton27 »

Awesome map, it's huge! and brilliant lots of effort has gone into every single tile, no criticisms here.
Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lord Aro »

1/2 million people in 1 town??? how??? :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
AroAI - A really feeble attempt at an AI

It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration. --Edsger Dijkstra
CommanderZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by CommanderZ »

Is is possible to fix the green waterside slopes on beaches somehow?
Whopper
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Whopper »

Not on all beaches at least, you can place "river" tiles next to the coast so that the coast tile won't flood and removes the desert ground, however this won't work at diagonal beach parts. (wich are half water and half land)
el koeno
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by el koeno »

Oh my.... Has my favourite scenario gotten even better? Poor old laptop never could cope with Cindini as it was using CargoDist, with increased population it might get worse... (Or won't it? I don't really know.) Either way: fortunately my desktop is up and running! :D Good job, Whopper!

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”