Orders patch - percentile and FIFO loading, cargo display...

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

mega rail
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mega rail »

this still happening?
I do want it in the integated and eventally the trunk but i can`t code :(
SirkoZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SirkoZ »

Well - Fox appears to busy again (integrated not yet updated to r32xx) and this patch also hasn't been updated for a while...
Wolf01
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wolf01 »

is possible to put the order's buttons in 2 lines? some translations string wouldn't fit in these small buttons, like "ordering" in the first line and "modifications" on the line above, for example:

Code: Select all

GO TO |  DELETE  | SKIP | NON-STOP
LOAD xx% v\^ |  UNLOAD  | PRIORITY
Sacro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sacro »

I was working on it, but then i moved house, and went into hospital, but I;m just about fine now, all i need to do is get a phone cable for my router, and re-install linux, and ill be going again!
We Am De Best

Host of ThroughTheTube site
Seven Force
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Seven Force »

W-ow! This patch sounds like a fantastic idea. Can't wait for a compiled binary. :)
Expresso
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Expresso »

Ouch. An awful lot of buttons without a decent way to find the button you want to press fast enough.

How about color-coding the buttons or combining some of those buttons in a drop down list?
SirkoZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SirkoZ »

Expresso wrote:...or combining some of those buttons in a drop down list?
Of course! Nice idea - full load "group", which includes percentile loads and then unload group (under now unload) with percentile options...
mega rail
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mega rail »

So WHO is doing it? Is sacro picking it up again?
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

mega rail wrote:So WHO is doing it? Is sacro picking it up again?
Dunno who. Why not learn C/C++ and do it yourself?
OTTD NewGRF_ports. Add an airport design via newgrf.Superceded by Yexo's NewGrf Airports 2
Want to organise your trains? Try Routemarkers.
--- ==== --- === --- === ---
Firework Photography
gigajum
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by gigajum »

i picked it up :)

i still need more time to test it if all (Loading Percentiles + Exact loading + Prioritity loading) works correct together.
nzhook wrote::idea: Load now shows on status bar (Patch)
The amount of cargo is now shown on the 'Loading/Unloading', ';Heading for xxx' status bar. So in the corner you can quickly see how loaded a train is.
i don't know if it's needed, i can implement it if wanted
nzhook wrote: Started, but not in GUIs:
* Min and Max waiting times (Just needs GUI and testing)
removed to keep updating to current svn version clean, will be remerged and completed i think
nzhook wrote: * Ablity to choose if the full load is based on cargo or train (per queue item, not globally) (Just needs GUI and testing)
nothing about that found in code maybe the commented out things, will be remerged / reimplemented later i think
nzhook wrote: * Expand size of orders window based on patch setting (this will be hard)
-- this is currently set at 10 instead of 6... needs a way to be more dynamic.
updated to the suggestion of Wolf01, maybe needs reorder of buttons:

Code: Select all

GO TO |  DELETE  | SKIP | NON-STOP
LOAD xx% v\^ |  UNLOAD  | PRIORITY
nzhook wrote: Still Todo/Thoughts:
* Move the FIFO ablity to the station gui
* Add default order options for station (eg. clicking goto on a station will use the default options for that station)
never thought about, maybe maybe not, we'll see
nzhook wrote: * Prioritity trains given more chances of being allowed to continue first at a signal
if the current things work as expected this will be done next.
nzhook wrote: * Remove any of the patch options this will add gui items for
?(
nzhook wrote: * Possibly also a dont stop if no room option. (Im going to need a new window I think)
?( don't stop if no room, what do else? Drive into depot? continue driving around? can anyone explain that idea to me?
nzhook wrote: * Leave if another X trains are at the station.
Will also be added, but needs new options window for stations, global option setting in patch window is a bad idea
nzhook wrote: NOTE: Currently to avoid a save game bump becuase of the order options the above settings are not saved (sorry). Some of the options will automatically start working (eg. once a train arrives at a station it will start to FIFO. -- If a train was already at the station when loading it will be treated as a lod any situation until it arrives at another station)
Due to adding an patch option to the patch window it makes it impossible to load other gamesaves. The whole saving thing needs to be corrected in the next days.
nzhook wrote: Please feel free to apply this patch and let me know of any bugs you find (or even suggestions for the above list) :idea:
yeah me 2 when i release the updated patch :)
BoominGranny
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BoominGranny »

nice work (again) gigajum i can't wait!!

ps. i've figured out how to compile now and made my first code change (changed a 4 to a 20 in the settings_gui.c file to make max interest setting up to 20 - not much but its a start!) so i am looking forward to finishing work tonight and testing out your advanced town handling patch!
gigajum
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by gigajum »

I made a screenshot of the current order window.

I wanted to know if some buttons need another position or something like that. The window itself has some button disable errors as i recognized now.
Attachments
new orders window.jpg
new orders window.jpg (18.95 KiB) Viewed 4793 times
guest1029
Engineer
Engineer

Post by guest1029 »

Wow, this is a great patch, I can't wait for it to be improved and incorporated into the code.
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

gigajum wrote:I made a screenshot of the current order window.

I wanted to know if some buttons need another position or something like that. The window itself has some button disable errors as i recognized now.
Ugh, that window looks really bad. The buttons should be grouped together with a dropdown box me thinks because that design is just ghastly (no offence)
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Is something like "unload to 20% and then refill to 50%" supposed to be possible?

If not, that's fine, but if so, I don't see how to do it.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
gigajum
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by gigajum »

DaleStan wrote:Is something like "unload to 20% and then refill to 50%" supposed to be possible?
If not, that's fine, but if so, I don't see how to do it.
No that is one of that errors i found while creating that screenshot, as i said :). that happend when i loaded a train with 20% and then clicked on the unload button. Unload is always as ever 100%. There is also no change at the unload code so it can't work to unload to 20% or unload 20% :)
Darkvater wrote: Ugh, that window looks really bad. The buttons should be grouped together with a dropdown box me thinks because that design is just ghastly (no offence)
When you tell me what you would group together in a drop down box then i can do so but i have currently no idea what you wanted to say with your post, execpt from that it looks bad. But that it is not perfect yet i said myself. So make a clear suggestion how to rearrange them :)
PouncingAnt
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by PouncingAnt »

I picked up the patch from your patch farm, but errored out on pressing the priority button! Otherwise, very, very nice patch!
NB: the below challenges are still open for submission, so feel free to perform necromancy on them!
Try the PouncingAnt National Monopoly Challenge
Or even better, the PouncingAnt National Monopoly Challenge 2
Or better still, the PouncingAnt National Monopoly Challenge 3
Or, the PouncingAnt National Monopoly Challenge 4

Or try my scenario instead!

-(A lazy) OpenTTD Japanese Translator-
-(A lazy) PNGcodec user-
"You get what you pay for, so pay attention!"

Patches:
Company Station Stats
gigajum
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by gigajum »

PouncingAnt wrote:I picked up the patch from your patch farm, but errored out on pressing the priority button! Otherwise, very, very nice patch!
i recognized that too, but as i said there are problems with the buttons.
it only appears if you press the priority button as first. of you press it second or later it won't apear. I'll take a look at that tomorrow.

I fixed the problem with the handling of all three combinations this morning and added the patch file to get a exe compiled. So you can test that current version. i hope there are no other major bugs.
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

gigajum wrote:
Darkvater wrote: Ugh, that window looks really bad. The buttons should be grouped together with a dropdown box me thinks because that design is just ghastly (no offence)
When you tell me what you would group together in a drop down box then i can do so but i have currently no idea what you wanted to say with your post, execpt from that it looks bad. But that it is not perfect yet i said myself. So make a clear suggestion how to rearrange them :)
Don't worry if I had a clear idea how the GUI should look like I would've told you or even have made a mockup of it. Right now I am not out. I am a programmer not a designer, and desiging UI's in general is really
hard.

Perhaps something like:
[Skip][Delete][Goto][Misc][Load][<>]

Where Misc (or a better name) would include a dropdown box of Priority/Non-Stop/Service (depot).
Load would contain a dropdown box of Load/Unload/Transfer with a another dropbox next to it with 0-100% in 10% increments? Then you can tell your train to load 10%, unload 30% and transfer 40% if wanted? Of course this scroller can be disabled if unload/transfer is selected if there is no code for that yet. Donnu how usable it is, but most used functions are available with one click and it still would look not too bad.
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
PouncingAnt
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by PouncingAnt »

I agree that it should probably be kept to one line of buttons
NB: the below challenges are still open for submission, so feel free to perform necromancy on them!
Try the PouncingAnt National Monopoly Challenge
Or even better, the PouncingAnt National Monopoly Challenge 2
Or better still, the PouncingAnt National Monopoly Challenge 3
Or, the PouncingAnt National Monopoly Challenge 4

Or try my scenario instead!

-(A lazy) OpenTTD Japanese Translator-
-(A lazy) PNGcodec user-
"You get what you pay for, so pay attention!"

Patches:
Company Station Stats

Return to “OpenTTD Development”