Signal GUI + Signal autocompletion

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

tecxx
Engineer
Engineer

Post by tecxx »

bobingabout wrote:can you upload the binary for those of us unfortunate enough to not be able to do it? (I'm at work, i have no access to compilers.)

http://rrs.at/m/openttd.zip

current svn version + siggui

however i found a bug. signal dragging only works in one direction, e.g. from bottom-right to left-top doesnt work, but dragging from top-left to bottom-right creates the signals.
anyone can confirm this?
to everyone who's coding on openttd: YOU ROCK !!!
Leviath.NL
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Leviath.NL »

indeed

V> works
> works
V works

^doesn't work
<^doesn't work
<doesn't work
Leviath.NL
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Leviath.NL »

I don't know if its a bug in this patch, but look at the screen there are some snow tiles in a temparate map :S
using latest SVN + this patch only
Attachments
snow in temparate map
snow in temparate map
snow.png (146.43 KiB) Viewed 811 times
Brianetta
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Brianetta »

It's a known bug, which has been fixed.
PGP fingerprint: E66A 9D58 AA10 E967 41A6 474E E41D 10AE 082C F3ED
Leviath.NL
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Leviath.NL »

why does it happen to me then?
Sacro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sacro »

Leviath.NL wrote:why does it happen to me then?
It happened to a few people, i noticed it on Brianettas server, and pointed it out to the devs, who i belive have now sorted it.

I'm afraid I've killed Windows, so until i can figure out an MinGW cross-compiler, ill have to rely on the kindness of others :)

Also the bug posted above, im going to have to fiddle around and see where its failing, it was a copy+paste job, so i cant see where it could have gone wrong :(
We Am De Best

Host of ThroughTheTube site
gkirilov
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by gkirilov »

Leviath.NL wrote:indeed

V> works
> works
V works

^doesn't work
<^doesn't work
<doesn't work
In the IN it works fine.
OTTDCoop NewGRF Pack|Different sets of GRFs for TTDPatch (some of them work in OTTD) - 1|- 2|GRF sets for OTTD|OTTD nightly
I hooked up my accelerator to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you. Spoilers and bodykits are how much of the wall you take with you. Rollcages and windownets are how much of a mess you leave on the wall.
Scia
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Scia »

Leviath.NL wrote:indeed

V> works
> works
V works

^doesn't work
<^doesn't work
<doesn't work
Also, try to autoremove signals in the
^
<^
<
directions. You do not get the signals removed from the direction where you are dragging to, but completely the opposite. That might be a clue for Sacro :wink: . I hope you can fix it, but it is already a nice patch as it is.

Regards,

Robin
gkirilov
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by gkirilov »

Does anyone wants to update this to the latest revision for inclusion in the mini IN?
OTTDCoop NewGRF Pack|Different sets of GRFs for TTDPatch (some of them work in OTTD) - 1|- 2|GRF sets for OTTD|OTTD nightly
I hooked up my accelerator to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you. Spoilers and bodykits are how much of the wall you take with you. Rollcages and windownets are how much of a mess you leave on the wall.
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

Sacro wrote:Right, ive been badgered by Virtek for the last 24 hours, so ive got round to uploading it. Signal Autocompletion GUI, compiles against 0.4.5, and Nightlies/SVN.
Hi Sacro. Ive had a request to include this in the miniIN. Can you update it to r4370+, and if possible, modify it to use some of the new map accessors?? Thanks in advance, RichK
OTTD NewGRF_ports. Add an airport design via newgrf.Superceded by Yexo's NewGrf Airports 2
Want to organise your trains? Try Routemarkers.
--- ==== --- === --- === ---
Firework Photography
bobingabout
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by bobingabout »

something tells me you can't relly on sacro to do it anymore... i mean, when was the last time he posted?
JPG SUX!!! USE PNG!!!
There are times when JPG is useful, TTD screenshots is not one of them. Please use PNG instead.

[/url]
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

bobingabout wrote:something tells me you can't relly on sacro to do it anymore... i mean, when was the last time he posted?
And with comments like that, he is even less likely to. As Darth once said "Leave this one to me!"
OTTD NewGRF_ports. Add an airport design via newgrf.Superceded by Yexo's NewGrf Airports 2
Firework Photography
bobingabout
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by bobingabout »

trust me when i say, i know sacro, he is currently living at his mums house, and using his mums PC. now, his mum uses windows, and sacro doesn't program in windows, only linux. and his mum won't let him change that, so, he won't be programming for a while. ask someone other than sacro to program it...
JPG SUX!!! USE PNG!!!
There are times when JPG is useful, TTD screenshots is not one of them. Please use PNG instead.

[/url]
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

bobingabout wrote:trust me when i say, i know sacro, he is currently living at his mums house, and using his mums PC. now, his mum uses windows, and sacro doesn't program in windows, only linux. and his mum won't let him change that, so, he won't be programming for a while. ask someone other than sacro to program it...
Well volunteered, bobingabout. Over to you.
Firework Photography
bobingabout
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by bobingabout »

i can't program :shock: atleast not this kind of thing, i can't even compile the game(if you look around, you'll see me say that often...)
JPG SUX!!! USE PNG!!!

[/url]
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

bobingabout wrote:something tells me you can't relly on sacro to do it anymore... i mean, when was the last time he posted?
Sat Apr 08, 2006 18:40 GMT

Come on. Is it really that hard? It took more time to write this post than it did to find Sacro's most recent post.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
bobingabout
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by bobingabout »

ask him yourself then...
JPG SUX!!! USE PNG!!!

[/url]
pitt2
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pitt2 »

someone PLEASE PLEASE update this patch. I'm using it against 0.4.5 and the directional dragging is so frustrating given that it's not even a bug with the patch itself.
Ryalla
Engineer
Engineer

Diff Against 0.4.7

Post by Ryalla »

Here's a diff against 0.4.7 .
Attachments
siggui0.4.7.diff
SigGUI diff against OpenTTD 0.4.7
(23.86 KiB) Downloaded 171 times
Last edited by Ryalla on 31 May 2006 22:35, edited 1 time in total.
Hazelrah
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Hazelrah »

Hello,

I'm trying to update the patch Ryalla just posted to work with TortoiseMerge, but in order to do that, I have to have an actual SVN revision number. Does anybody know the revision number for 0.4.7?

Since 0.4.7 was released on March 26th, I thought I'd just check out the nightly for that day. But after looking at rail_cmd.c for r4115 (Mar 26th nightly) it already has erails merged into it. :? :?

-Hazelrah

Return to “OpenTTD Development”