Seasons (changing snowline, trees, fields)

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Dextro
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Dextro »

Bringing this back from the dead and running away from the off-topics I would like to ask if that strange auto-disable bug has been fixed? Cause I would really like to play with seasons :mrgreen:
Uncle Dex Says: Follow the KISS Principle!
prissi
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by prissi »

After a year has passed I brought this one to r6459 together with a nice configuration in the patches. When switching off, there is a lag of about one month to restore all tiles to its state without seasons.

Town houses are not changed because there a way too few temperate houses that have an equivalent artic counterpart. But roads, track, trees are changed back and forth and the fields will all change in season. For the trees I tried to use matching pairs, but there is a small difference between the artic trees and their temperate counterparts. Some even have not counterpart at all, so I had to left them unchanged.

This patch works only for temperate and you can set the upper (summer) snowline and the winter snowline.
Attachments
seasons-6459.diff
Patch to 6459 for monthly changing snowline and seasons
(12.48 KiB) Downloaded 166 times
prissi
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by prissi »

I also added some industry ground tile change. Only power stations, saw mill, coal mines, forests, and farms will get snow white ground.

(I stubled about the fact that the return values of GetIndustryType in industy_cmd.c have nothing to do with the types of industry.h even so the description hints at it. Unfourtunately I am not sure if intended or not.)

Also remove an unused definition from my code. I think, I cannot make any further improvements.
Attachments
seasons-r6465.diff
Patch to 6465
(13.5 KiB) Downloaded 183 times
DredFurst
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DredFurst »

First off, if this game is using SDL, is the toolbar on a different screen (as in its handled seperatly). if it is, instead of applying to the main screen screen, apply just to the game render screen.

I have no idea with the windows alternative
bobingabout
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by bobingabout »

the problem with that is the game uses a 256 colour pallete. the only way to make the game not use this 256 colour pallete it to change the settings to 32 bit colour in openttd.cfg (which i do anyway because it runs faster).
JPG SUX!!! USE PNG!!!
There are times when JPG is useful, TTD screenshots is not one of them. Please use PNG instead.

[/url]
prissi
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by prissi »

The field change now matches the graphics better, and the problems with fences are fixed. In the height range between winter and summer snowline, artic trees will be planted (and no fences will be built), below will be temperate trees, emulating climate zones. Also the ground of lighthouses and transmitters will change.
Attachments
seasons-r6553.diff
Diff to rev 6553
(15.26 KiB) Downloaded 241 times
Kahee
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Seasons (changing snowline, trees, fields)

Post by Kahee »

Hi! how can i use a .diff file??
2007Alain2007
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by 2007Alain2007 »

what a great looking patch
For Community Integrated Version http://code.google.com/p/civopenttd/
prissi
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by prissi »

From three years and three major versions ago. It will alson not work with newgrf and with 32bit blitter. One would need to seriously enhance it.
I like to look at great maps and see how things flow. A little like a finished model railway, but it is evolving and actually never finished. http://www.simutrans.com
2007Alain2007
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by 2007Alain2007 »

prissi wrote:From three years and three major versions ago. It will alson not work with newgrf and with 32bit blitter. One would need to seriously enhance it.
lol could that be you
For Community Integrated Version http://code.google.com/p/civopenttd/
rbn2903
Engineer
Engineer

Post by rbn2903 »

@2007Alain2007: What's the point in gravedigging all these patches, that have not been updated for years now? You cannot seriously expect all these patches to be included into trunk and to use them too, can you? Sometimes things don't work out.

I'm sorry, but as I follow this forum regularly, I have to say, this is very annoying :(
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

prissi wrote:...
rbn2903 wrote:...
May I recommend that we stop talking to people that don't exist?
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Thief^
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Thief^ »

Are you saying you've blocked "2007Alain2007"?
Melt with the Shadows,
Embrace your destiny...
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

yes, like every other sane person in this forum...

just that the blocking function doesn't do jack about hiding the posts...

Return to “OpenTTD Development”