Post ALL bigmaps problems here!

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

MartinA
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MartinA »

The first town I build takes over the authority for all the roads over the whole scenario. The other towns can´t expand at all, nothing happends when I push the expand button. I´m using 0.3.6 ,the latest nightly and 10x9
Take a look at the pic for an exampel:
Attachments
bigcity.JPG
bigcity.JPG (105.66 KiB) Viewed 895 times
StavrosG
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

just a wagon?! R1772

Post by StavrosG »

The savegame is from R1772 win32 build. (no newgrf or other weird config)
There is a train in the depot, Train 2. if you start it, you will see a wagon (alone!) leaving the depot, and the game will crash.
I have yet to confirm it on another revision and/or OS.
I will, though, as soon as dropline is installed on my Linux box, with both 1772 and the latest that can be found in svn.

When i sold the train and built another, it worked just fine. :)

Stavros
Attachments
funny crash.sav
(15.05 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
Sid
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Sid »

I don`t known, if it`s caused by the big-map-feature (i had played on a 9x9 random map), but i got this Error, while playing ottd.

I tried to remove a track with the autorail-tool while dragging "crtl".
Attachments
Errormessage
Errormessage
error001.JPG (19.39 KiB) Viewed 4625 times
Prof. Frink
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Prof. Frink »

I had one similar to that caused by having Lakie's Bm73 loaded.

So it's probably not bigmap-related
Sid
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Sid »

Well, I don`t have any extra grf loaded...
KhanRKerensky
Engineer
Engineer

Post by KhanRKerensky »

I got an assertion in .\train_cmd.c at line 1790

It occurs everytime on 10th Sep 1982 in my attached Savegame. I dont have a clue why.
Attachments
Chedtown Transport, 10th Sep 1982.sav
(452.46 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
nightman
Engineer
Engineer

Assertion failed! after lowering land r1845

Post by nightman »

In Nightly r1845 (with map size 7x7):

After Lowering land while in Window Mode:

Assertion failed!

file: .\gfx.c
Line: 128

Expression: right > 0

I pressed ignore 5-6 times and the error went away for a bit (5 secs max) then came back, I ignored twice more and switched to fs and have no errors since. I am unsure if this error would have continued if I had left it in window mode... who knows.!
PAStheLoD
Engineer
Engineer

probably AI bu

Post by PAStheLoD »

I've ordered one of my trains to go into the nearest depot , but that train already headed into the depot, so my order cancelled its one, after that i pushed the depot button once again , the train went into the depot . When it arrived in the depot it hasn't stopped, because i've pushed the depot button twice , then i stopped the train and reversed its direction , it went into the depot but an other train was coming (on the picture you can see that at the red light), when the train arrived at the depot i got the error.

OpenTTD > sex
tecxx
Engineer
Engineer

Post by tecxx »

we've done further tests but the desyncs still happen. we're always playing with the latest svn, yesterday this was version number 1872.

what we experience is always the same: we play for a quite long time without any desyncs. then one player gets a new train for testing, accepts the offer and starts the replacer. after an unspecified time (~5-10 minutes) the client desyncs.

if the client rejoins he desyncs again immediately, if the server saves the game, reloads it, and the client rejoins, the desyncs are gone. this behaviour happens exactly everytime one of the players starts to autoreplace train engines.

please take a look at the screenshot, this shows an example of what happened with the trains of the client after the desync (see the trains at the bottom of the list). 6 of his recently built trains were completely messed up. we also noticed that after the desync the client player had to rebuild small parts of his railroad tracks. there were simply some parts missing.

so my guess is that openttd simply drops or screws some network packets now and then. when that happens, the game on the client computer goes a different way than the game on the server computer, and soon after that the client desyncs.

please note that this is not a single, random happening in our games. we experience this problem regularly!
Attachments
ttdproblem.JPG
(215.59 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

I think this is a problem with autoreplace, where right after 0.3.6 a feature was added that trains should go to depots to get replaced even if it is not in their orders. I hope Bjarni fixes this soon.
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
acidd_uk
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by acidd_uk »

Me too!
Sverik
Engineer
Engineer

just a little OT

Post by Sverik »

A thousand apologies for this, but how can the map size be changed? I'm completely lost here. I used to play a lot, but have been away from the scene for quite a while. I searched the forum for my question, but couldn't find an answer. So, how to change the map size, how to play a 1024x1024 map? Or where could I find the information I need?
tecxx
Engineer
Engineer

Post by tecxx »

open the "configure patches" window and look at the last two entries at the bottom.
oh and - you need the latest svn or a nightly build.
PeteB
Engineer
Engineer

Post by PeteB »

Possible large map bug, may be linked to the greater than 256 stations bug that I reported. Here are 2 trains, both with the first carriage of the train vanishing in the station..they appear again when the train leaves. I've been unable to duplicate this on any of the first 256 stations I built, or for that matter on any of the other 60 or so stations I've built above the 256 mark, just these 2. Save game is too big to upload :oops:

Thanks

Pete
Attachments
Fretfingway-on-sea Transport, 2nd Oct 2090.png
Fretfingway-on-sea Transport, 2nd Oct 2090.png (231.21 KiB) Viewed 826 times
Sverik
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Sverik »

tecxx wrote:oh and - you need the latest svn or a nightly build.
ay, there's the rub!
thanks A LOT, me so happy now :)
Plurax
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Plurax »

At first I want to thank the devs for their ingenious work.
I played TTDX on a 386 the first time but it was sometimes boring if I had all the industries and cities connected to the net. But a few weeks ago I read about the OpenTTD option of bigger maps which forced me to reactivate my addiction to that game :) So I started a 10x10 map with the defined aim to get all industries and cities connected...

But this is the edge of my work at the net for few playing days:

I found some problems with pathfinding on a 10x10 map.

The first is that I have some oiltrucks which are waiting for their load in a station. When I want to send them to the depot, which is located only 3 fields away the program says that it can't locate a depot. Station name is "Obere Bad Chemnitz".

An other problem is that a train I just built don't changes its schedule to its next destination but driving only inside the station "Offenbrücken Mine" from one end to the other.

You can download the savegame on http://www.plurax.de/downloads/Internat ... kt2039.zip

I hope that was not listed yet and is a helpful report ...
PeteB
Engineer
Engineer

Post by PeteB »

Plurax wrote: An other problem is that a train I just built don't changes its schedule to its next destination but driving only inside the station "Offenbrücken Mine" from one end to the other.

http://www.plurax.de/downloads/Internat ... kt2039.zip

I hope that was not listed yet and is a helpful report ...
Yes, I see you have more than 256 stations and you've hit the same bug that I reported a few days ago. Once you go over 256 Stations then the orders get stuck. I sent my save game to one of the Devs but have heard nothing yet.
Thalass T'Kynn
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Thalass T'Kynn »

I had an assertion failure when I tried to un-build some road. ( Pic here )

Also the AI doesn't seem to do anything at all. I've had these problems in the r1878 nightly build. 0.3.6.0 works fine for me.
Scribblette
Engineer
Engineer

Evil poopy big map bugs.

Post by Scribblette »

My girlfriend has been having nasty problems playing since the new nightly builds of OpenTTD introduced big maps. Now, even if we play on on the smallest map size possible (ick) she gets desync errors shortly after she launches her first train. Sometimes the loading screen doesn't leave when she joins a multiplayer game (this problem seems to have happened before these builds, though) so she has to disconnect and reconnect. Other times her computer simply doesn't register that I've unpaused the game and the game messages don't get through to her - but normal messages from me reach her first.

The latter two can be dealt with easily enough, but it's the constant desyncs before we can even start that really p*** her off. Mind you, that's if she doesn't get this error first, which she tends to get every time she starts up the game:

She says she can click on 'ignore' and just go ahead and play - that is, until the desync happens the moment she manages to get into multiplayer.

We've tried removing her OpenTTD directory and then popping it back in and putting in only the needed data files to no avail. Icky bug. Any advice would be great.
Attachments
Icky poopy bug needs to be SQUISHIFIED!
Icky poopy bug needs to be SQUISHIFIED!
OTTDp1.JPG (48.13 KiB) Viewed 4009 times
Bruno
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Bruno »

Hi

I can't understand why u (programers (like me)) didn't give us some feedback of " http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=13372 " ...

I see updates (and fixes) every day on SVN but u don't comunicate with us :(

Can anyone tell me if u are trying to solve that problem?

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”