32bit Extra Zoom Graphics Works In Progress

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

CommanderZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [32bpp] Extra zoom levels Graphics

Post by CommanderZ »

The tar files are ready to use
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

Cudar wrote:I'm really happy, when I can see, that some 8bpp graphics are converted to 32bpp. :) But a question: Can I download these graphics, or they are just plans? :?:
You need a version with 32 BBP and full zoom suppourt. If You use Windows, You can use this file:

http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=665114#p665114

Some buildings work as new GRFs (new_town_houses.tar is a TAR file with a GRF file and some replacement PNGs). You must enable it in NEW GRF window.
Attachments
Screenshot
Screenshot
new_grf_32.png (1.86 KiB) Viewed 10736 times
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
GeekToo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GeekToo »

http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=718701#p718701 is a bit newer, though not up to date to the latest patch version
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

This is the tiles with 33% and 66% of grass in arthritic climate.
Attachments
soil-0-33-66artic_AlltakenAndBen_Robbins.tar
TAR file
(2.39 MiB) Downloaded 1439 times
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

I have updated the rails2.tar file with the rails on slopes. I have made it with Inkscape and GIMP and the original grass tiles.
Attachments
rails2.tar
TAR file (24 sprites), also, It includes a batch file with the offsets. There aren't tunnels. Only z0 zoom level.
(887 KiB) Downloaded 1454 times
Screenshot.
Screenshot.
rails2.jpg (102.39 KiB) Viewed 10050 times
Teemes
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Teemes »

maquinista wrote:I have updated the rails2.tar file with the rails on slopes.
That's great news, good to see someone (that means you!) finally took care of that issue! 8)
maquinista wrote:...arthritic climate...
:lol:
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

Teemes wrote:
That's great news, good to see someone (that means you!) finally took care of that issue! 8)
It was a fail using the Firefox spell check. :oops:

I have coded the lumbermill modeled by Dmh_mac and useed in the GRF file ECS Wood.
It is not very useful (now), because It need trucks or trains with ECS support.
Attachments
Lumbermill.tar
Lumbermill.
(1.25 MiB) Downloaded 1399 times
Screenshot.
Screenshot.
lumbermill_32.jpg (196.21 KiB) Viewed 1517 times
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

maquinista wrote:
Teemes wrote:
It was a fail using the Firefox spell check. :oops:

I have coded the lumbermill modeled by Dmh_mac and useed in the GRF file ECS Wood.
It is not very useful (now), because It need trucks or trains with ECS support.
I have coded the shopping mall. Now, the default sprites are replaced, but... j0rdax modeled two nice construction stages, an I have coded them as a new GRF that overrides the default shopping mall.

These "new" shopping mall was coded in the GRF file named "new_town_houses.grf". I have renamed this file to "32bpp_houses.grf".
Also, I have replaced the file "new_town_houses.tar" with two files:
  • Dmh_mac and GeekToo houses.tar --- with the company owner statue and a small group of houses
  • new grf 32bpp houses.tar --- with some new GRF houses and the "new" shopping mall
If You have the file "new_town_houses.tar", I recommend You delete it if You want use the new files.

"j0rdax houses.tar" Is not necessary at the moment, if You use the file "new grf 32bpp houses.tar", because It only have the sprites for the the original shopping mall with only one construction stage. But this file can be updated in the future with other buildings.
Attachments
j0rdax houses.tar
Replacement for the original Shopping mall.
(397 KiB) Downloaded 2225 times
Dmh_mac and GeekToo houses.tar
Dmh_mac and GeekToo group of houses and company owner statue.
(115 KiB) Downloaded 469 times
new grf 32bpp houses.tar
New houses and the replacement of shopping mall with two construction stages. 32bpp_houses.grf and replacement sprites.
(1.52 MiB) Downloaded 531 times
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

This is the rail sprites for arctic. They aren't perfect, but is better than noting.
Attachments
arctic rails.tar
Rails for arctic.
(1.34 MiB) Downloaded 395 times
sourcecode_of_32bpp_houses.tar.gz
Sourcecode only. There are some 8 bpp sprites. Code is 100% free, It is under BSD license.
(23.12 KiB) Downloaded 214 times
Screenshot.
Screenshot.
screenshot.JPEG (158.09 KiB) Viewed 8985 times
Belgabor
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Belgabor »

The supermarket is great, the only thing that I think could be improved is the tree on the left, it's too dark.
KillerMapper
Engineer
Engineer

Post by KillerMapper »

Hi, I would like to get extra-levels but I have issues...
I dl the latest binaries, but when launching it, it asked me the original TT files. So I put them copying the folder I used for OpenTTD 0.6.3 (without replacing existing files which were in the extra-level version).
After I launched the game -> the program shut down... I didn't modified the config file. But there isn't config file!
So I took the file from OpenTTD 0.6 and pasted into extra-level version, I add what it was needed (64 cache,...). But it's always not good, because it looks like there are some informations in the config specifically for the OpenTTD 0.6.3...
So I can acces to the menu, with weird colors and bugged buildings, and when creating a game, it shut down.

So how I can work this, and hom I add/replace tiles?

Thanks.
GeekToo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GeekToo »

Use the openttdw.grf or openttdd.grf that came with the patch, only copy the trg*.grf and sample.cat files from the original game, and make sure you use the 32bpp-optimized blitter. The config file may also be in your MyDocuments/openttd folder.
Slye_Fox
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Slye_Fox »

I'm continueing my work on the train wagons
Attachments
paper truck.PNG
paper truck.PNG (111.16 KiB) Viewed 8735 times
KillerMapper
Engineer
Engineer

Post by KillerMapper »

Ok thanks I successfully played this version.
But I can't choose Euro and French cities in options. I suppose files are missing.
Another problem, I can't use a savegame from version 7 (beta) in version 6. Any tips for that?

And to finish, I don't understand how to add the new tiles in the game. I have to include pngs in the grfs?

Thanks again.
Thief^
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Thief^ »

KillerMapper wrote:But I can't choose Euro and French cities in options. I suppose files are missing.
Patches are normally compiled as English-only.
KillerMapper wrote:Another problem, I can't use a savegame from version 7 (beta) in version 6. Any tips for that?
No. You can't.
Melt with the Shadows,
Embrace your destiny...
Wotan
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Wotan »

Slye_Fox wrote:I'm continueing my work on the train wagons
Great work. I think it would look better with a coupling chain between the buffers. I can't wait to see this with textures applied.
Coders wanted: Image DSB Litra E in 2cc - Image DSB Litra A in 2cc

ImageUnless stated otherwise all works published by me on these forums is covered by a Creative Commons Attribution Non-commercial share-alike License. Please PM me if you are interested in obtaining a different license.
j0rdax
Engineer
Engineer

Post by j0rdax »

Belgabor wrote:The supermarket is great, the only thing that I think could be improved is the tree on the left, it's too dark.
Thanks. Wacki made the same remark about the tree in a PM. I'll make it lighter.
Maquinista, I noticed something in the screenshot. The center sprite of the shopping mall under construction is from stage 1 and the rest are from stage 2. That is why you get the white pixelated effect around it.
Nice work Slye_Fox.
Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believes...
Mat 10:32 "So I will acknowledge in front of my Father in heaven that person who acknowledges me in front of others.
Mat 10:33 But I will tell my Father in heaven that I don't know the person who tells others that he doesn't know me.
Belgabor
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Belgabor »

j0rdax wrote:
Belgabor wrote:The supermarket is great, the only thing that I think could be improved is the tree on the left, it's too dark.
Thanks. Wacki made the same remark about the tree in a PM. I'll make it lighter.
Great. Currently it's just a pity, the tree looks basically great, but due to it being so dark, it's not more than a dark blob on normal zoom.
j0rdax
Engineer
Engineer

Post by j0rdax »

Balgabor, Wacki...Here, the tree is brighter. How does it look now?
Attachments
Tree not too bright?
Tree not too bright?
2x2ShoppingMallBrightTreeB.png (168.09 KiB) Viewed 8233 times
Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believes...
Mat 10:32 "So I will acknowledge in front of my Father in heaven that person who acknowledges me in front of others.
Mat 10:33 But I will tell my Father in heaven that I don't know the person who tells others that he doesn't know me.
Timitry
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Timitry »

Absolutely wonderful :-)

Return to “Graphics Development”