2.5 progress: Beta 9 (October 29)

Get help, info, news and advice about the Transport Tycoon Deluxe patch.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

Hi all,

the latest alpha version is as usual at http://www.ttdpatch.net/src/

Aside from the usual assortment of bug fixes and other minor improvements (see below for the full list), Steven Hoefel has written a new switch. With "followvehicle on", you can right-click on the "eye" icon of any vehicle window to have the main view follow that vehicle just like the vehicle view does. You can even close the vehicle window. To cancel the "follow" mode, right-click the main view, press "c", or click on the "eye" icon of any vehicle window.

Enjoy!

Josef.

All changes in 2.0.1 alpha 66 (October 30, 2005):
  • added PPC compilation platform (using gcc-mingw cross compiler)
  • fixed endianness issues of makelang.c
  • moved all Makefile user configurations to Makefile.local
  • make action 2 var 7F accessible even when regular 40/60/80+x variables aren't
  • fixed bug in helicopter rotor override handling causing random crashes
  • fixed train crashes if road crossing was immediately followed by a PBS signal
  • added cargo translation table feature for vehicle grfs
  • added vehicle sound events 7,8,9; fixed event 4 to not happen while waiting at signal
  • fixed veh var.43 being broken after loading savegames
  • morecurrencies is now a proper bit switch
  • fixed bug with refit cargo classes for non-rail vehicles not working
  • fixed incorrect refit list display for wagons with no capacity
  • fixed action 7/9 tests 9 and A
  • fixed incorrect error message display if action B severity had bit 7 set
  • added action 7 test B to check whether cargo is defined
  • added cache for vehicle color maps, refresh with callback 32
  • made vehicle purchase window 2 lines longer
  • by Lakie: load time calculation properly considers short wagons
  • by Mek: Lomogui now shows PBS signals correctly
  • by stevenh: new switch "followvehicle on" allows following the motion of a vehicle in the main view by right-clicking its "eye" button
Josef Drexler

TTDPatch main | alpha/beta | nightly | manual | FAQ | tracker
No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

Hi all,

get the latest alpha at http://www.ttdpatch.net/src/

Aside from the usual assortment of bugfixes (in particular removing a memory leak in the sound subsystem under Windows), there's not too much new stuff there.

If you've always wanted to know the height of a certain tile, thanks to stevenh the tile info window will now this information. If you didn't, you can turn it off with "miscmods.dontshowaltitude on".

I've added support for a second company colour. This needs to be activated by new .grf files that make use of it though, so you can't actually see it yet. To choose the second colour, you open the colour window as usual, but then Ctrl-click on your selection. This will pick the secondary colour. I hope that eventually there will be a nicer GUI to do this, but I guess it'll do for now.

In an effort to make the compilation take less time, there's been a major change to the patch source code. As a result of this, alpha 67 may be more unstable than usual, although personally I haven't noticed any bugs (or else I'd have fixed them of course). But please let me know if you notice anything unusual.

That's it for today, enjoy!

Josef

All changes in 2.0.1 alpha 67 (November 14, 2005):
  • fixed crash in makelang.exe on cygwin
  • fixed crash in followvehicle with newshistory off
  • fixed memory leak in patchsnd.dll
  • (devel) changed GAMEDIR variable into GAMEDIR (for DOS) and GAMEDIRW (for Windows)
  • (devel) changed compilation to assemble all patches individually then link them
  • added support for second company colour (choose with ctrl-click)
  • added support for two company colours to house callback 1E
  • fixed bug with loading at a second station resetting origin of full wagons too
  • random rectangular tree planting now plants correct tree types in tropic, and only sparsely plants cactii in the desert
  • fixed bug: aircraft window opened by plane list without airport has wrong size
  • fixed bug with planes aging twice as fast
  • fixed tender display for mixed multiheaded articulated locos
  • made extra two lines in vehicle buy window actually available
  • by Mek: fix graphics glitch in company window if morestats is on
  • by stevenh: show altitude in land info window; disable with "miscmods.dontshowaltitude on"
  • by stevenh: now scrolling resets follow function
  • (devel) changed *.ver output to be grouped by patchproc
  • fixed problem in grf activation and active checks
Josef Drexler

No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

Hi all,

after a long wait, I've released another alpha version as usual at http://www.ttdpatch.net/src/

This one has an amazing new feature by Steven Hoefel: trams! Enable them with "trams on", load the new tram track graphics and build them. Then wait for a grf set that actually defines trams... hopefully it shouldn't take too long. Note that this is still a work in progress, and while most things work, in particular level crossings with rail as well as bridges and tunnels don't work entirely.

In other news there were a bunch of minor bug fixes and changes, such as allowing vehicle lists to be sorted by the first destination, and allowing trucks to go to non-stop bus stops (which can be built by attaching a bus stop to a rail waypoint, and if you like removing the waypoint afterwards).

There may be one more alpha version this year depending on how things turn out, and then I will probably start the beta process towards a new stable release version in the new year.

Enjoy!

Josef

All changes in 2.0.1 alpha 68 (December 11, 2005):
  • prevent performance score from overflowing when it would be >255
  • (devel) fixed reported numbers when search failed
  • (devel) changed variables to new var{b,w,d} macro
  • automatically pick cargo type for vehicle from refittability list if default cargo type is not available
  • by stevenh: fixed vehicle view window being scrollable
  • by stevenh: added action D var 9E bit 0, enables desert revegetation
  • enabled finnish translation again (accidentally left out of alpha 67)
  • (devel) removed multi-climate scenariocargo and cargotypes arrays
  • fixed grf error messages reporting wrong error sprite number
  • added list of current text IDs to crash log
  • initial support for UTF-8 texts, although currently only the existing character set is supported
  • prevent crash when attempting to display undefined text ID
  • added sorting by first destination to vehicle list
  • allow trucks to go to non-stop bus stops
  • (devel) added player2 array to store additional player data in savegame
  • actually save 2nd CC selection, and prepared for more colour schemes
  • by stevenh: new switch "trams on" enables building tram and light rail tracks and operation of trams
  • by Csaba:
    • (devel) added comments to newindu.asm
    • various small bugfixes and optimizations in newindu.asm
    • (devel) made the industry data block a ptrvar and made its data arrays directly accessable
    • now industry tiles have correct merged foundations similarly to roads and rails
Josef Drexler

Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

Hi all,

despite promises to the contrary in the last announcement, there's another alpha version available for download from http://www.ttdpatch.net/src/

Since alpha 68 was such a turkey (just in time for christmas, no doubt), all due to my own fault, I've decided to release another bug fix alpha. Besides fixing all problems that appeared in alpha 68 (especially with trams), it also includes Oskar's "enhanced tunnels", which allow build a straight rail track on top of a tunnel opening, as well as his GRF helper window that helps GRF author align their sprites correctly. It can be opened by Ctrl-clicking in the description area of a GRF file in the GRF Status Window.

Since I'm writing this on my laptop without all the usual programs I have to support the release of an alpha version, please excuse the lack of changelog here. For the list of changes, visit the above site.

Unless things go very wrong now (as wrong as for alpha 68), this will be the final final alpha, and I'll start the beta process towards the next release version early in the new year. Until then, enjoy alpha 69 and have a Merry Christmas, a Happy New Year and enjoy your holidays.

Have fun,
Josef
Josef Drexler

Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

Hi all,

Yes I know I said there would be no more alpha versions. Nonetheless, alpha 70 is now available at http://www.ttdpatch.net/src/

Alpha 69 turned out less stable than I had hoped, and I want to have at least one really good alpha before going beta. Besides, stevenh who did the trams code is currently on vacation in Japan, and I have to wait till he comes back and gives me his fixes.

In any case, alpha 70 fixes another batch of bug and crashes. I didn't have time to look into them all, but the majority should be fixed. If there are still problems, please report them again so that I know they aren't fixed yet.

One change in alpha 70 is aimed at making TTDPatch easier to install in Windows. From now on, it is no longer necessary to use the Windows registry settings for TTD. If the registry keys are missing, TTDPatch will simply use a file called registry.ini instead (it will be generated automatically if it's missing). This will also allow TTD to be played on computers where you don't have permission to modify the registry.

Also, a new sign cheat, "Cht: Face" allows reading and setting the "code" that governs how the company manager's face looks. Without a code, the cheat simply displays the current code. With a code, such as in "Cht: Face 65AF5057", the face is set to the given code. How the code works is currently not well understood, so the most reliable way to use this cheat is to find a face you like, read its code, and then write it down to use in the future.

Aside from several improvements to the newgrf format that are mainly of interest to grf authors, that's it. Enjoy!

Josef

All changes in 2.0.1 alpha 70 (January 22, 2006):
  • fixed crash in colour selection with locomotiongui off
  • changed action 2 var 0C (callback) to dword size
  • added some more consistency checking to makelang program
  • removed [snprintf error] message in verbose output
  • prevent crashes due to division by zero again
  • (devel) implemented terse build mode (the default now) similar to the Linux kernel build, which only shows command type and target; use make V=1 targets... to switch to verbose mode; less output makes it easier to spot compiler errors and warnings
  • built in noregistry support; will use registry.ini if no registry entries exist, or can be controlled by -!n debug switch
  • in addition to gamegfx.exe, also search for LANG.exe (default set by ttdpatch language)
  • Cht: Face

Code: Select all

to allowing viewing and setting the manager face code
    [*]allow duplicate GOTO labels in action 10, will jump to next matching       label
    [*]fixed bug with morecurrency data not getting applied correctly
    [*]by Csaba:
    [list][*]added callback 35 to allow changing industry production every month
    [*]replaced (hopefully) all code that filled the text buffer directly            with code that calls the text handler
    [*]terrain checks didn't work for tiles exactly on the snow line            (according to the patch, it was still normal, but according to TTD            it's snowy already). Now TTDPatch follows TTD's behavior.
    [*]terrain type added to industry tile var 60.
    [*]now industries are redrawn at the beginning of every month, plus            every time their incoming/produced cargo amount changes. This helps            eliminating some glitches with variable graphics.
    [*]new callback 37 to allow adding subtexts to produced/accepted cargo            types.
    [*]now there's a way to disable a default industry, by setting            property 8 to FFh.
    [*]callback 2F changed to allow reporting a custom error message[/list]
    [*]by Lakie:
    [list][*]use diesel/electric default for DMU/EMU if no special DMU/EMU            graphics
    [*]added 2cc support to the company window road vehicle drawn sprite
    [*]added callback 36, currently supports changing the speed of trains,            planes and ships.
    [*]added train var 48 (gives the special flags of a vehicle) (not            documented yet; format will probably change)[/list][/list]
Josef Drexler

eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

Seems now Josef did a rush, ok, I will try to release a fixed enhancetunnels a70a version this week.
TTDPatch dev in retirement ... Search a grf, try Grf Crawler 0.9 - now with even faster details view and new features...
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

I've posted alpha 71, which should fix the grf problems.

All changes in 2.0.1 alpha 71 (January 23, 2006):
  • fixed grf files not activating correctly
  • fixed callback 36 not working in DOS
Josef Drexler

Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

Hi all,

let's try this "final alpha before the beta" things yet one more time, as usual at http://www.ttdpatch.net/src/

Yet more bugs getting fixed, and still there are almost 200 left to work on... but hopefully we can make some serious progress once we go into beta. In particular, the trams feature got a lot of fixes, and now also properly supports bridges. Note that the tram support grf has changed, you need to download the updated version from http://www.ttdpatch.net/newgrf.html or there will be clipping problems on bridges.

TTDpatch now also has an official bug tracker at the wiki, see http://wiki.ttdpatch.net/tiki-view_trac ... Modif_desc (or click on the link in the top left box on any ttdpatch.net page). Feel free to add any existing bugs that have been reported elsewhere to it.

It is still somewhat experimental, so if you notice any problems with it please report them.

Have fun :)

Josef.

All changes in 2.0.1 alpha 72 (February 6, 2006):
  • by Csaba:
    • added possiblity to disable old house types by setting property 8 to FFh
    • added cargo properties 18 and 19 to allow changing how the cargo affects town growth
    • cargo callback 39 allows fine *tuning how much income the player gets from delivery
    • changed industry var. 60 to include landscape class info
    • added house variable 62, which works the same as industry variable 60
    • added industry callbacks 38 (show extra info in fund window) and 3A (show extra info in industry window)
    • bugfix: disabling default industry types didn't work always
    • widened the new industry fund window so text fits better
    • bugfix: opening the industry fund window caused graphics glitches and crashes
    • added var 8D (square of Euclidean distance from town) to callback 28
    • modified the vehicle list sorting code, hopefully it will become faster
  • fixed crash in callback 2E
  • by stevenh:
    • fixed RVs not overtaking
    • fixed tram tunnels... (build tram tracks against a tunnel and they automatically choose to be tram only or road only or both)
    • fixed tram tunnels with enhanced tunnels
    • fixed towns building crap around tram tracks
    • fixed masses of trees
  • Cht: Used now shows cheat bits>31 (and omits leading zeroes)
  • veh var 47 now holds info about cargo unit weight
  • moved noregistry and newsounds code into ttdpatch.dll (this fixes the noregistry stuff for 2k/XP where it sometimes didn't work)
  • enhanced tunnel fixes by Oskar:
    • prevent removing tunnels with train on bridge above tunnel entrance
    • fixed some graphical glitches
    • fixed cht: tracks
  • (devel) added last patch proc to crash log
  • fixed bug with mixed-power trains breaking when entering a non-electrified tunnel
  • fixed crash/glitches in vehicle colours (2cc code) if enhancegui was off
  • fixed 2cc vehicles being all black if no ccol2.grf loaded
Josef Drexler

eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

Hi

Windows Hotfix edition for problems with enhancetunnels,

All changes in 2.0.1 alpha 72a2 (February 7, 2006, Windows only!):
  • by Josef:
    • fix for tunnel fix to prevent cutting trains (broke enhancetunnels)
  • Serveral new code pieces to remove graphical glitches with enhancetunnels, only small benefit.
  • Error in enhancetunnels createing hangs when displaying pylons fixed
Attachments
201a72a2.zip
(370.05 KiB) Downloaded 549 times
TTDPatch dev in retirement ... Search a grf, try Grf Crawler 0.9 - now with even faster details view and new features...
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

Windows Hotfix edition for problems with enhancetunnels, trams and small dev changes. It's a small collected diff collection without testing. = Daily :)

All changes in 2.0.1 alpha 72a3 (February 8, 2006, Windows only!):
  • by Csaba:
    • Added industry variable 60 to get IDs of tiles in the industry
  • by Steven:
    • fixed crash when displaying tram bridges
    • fixed bridge display problem if trams on but buildonslopes off
    • when removing a bridge, tram tracks under it stay
    Added comment/hint in autoslope where to add a industry tile callback check
from 72a1:
  • by Josef:
  • Serveral new code pieces to remove graphical glitches with enhancetunnels, only small benefit.
-edit-
The zipname is wrong, it's actually a72a3 ...
Attachments
201a73a3.zip
(367.11 KiB) Downloaded 601 times
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

Hello again

As you may want to play TTDPatch at the weeked I compiled a new hotfix version. I have seen some people think it's really funny to have these hotfix versions or even think they aren't necessary. Keep in mind, they are here to help you playing a not crashing every minute alpha and actually getting faster a stable beta version. When they aren't used don't cry that the next alpha version has to much bugs :!:

Windows Hotfix edition for problems with trams and small dev changes. It's a small collected diff collection without testing!

All changes in 2.0.1 alpha 72a4 (February 11, 2006, Windows only!):
  • by Csaba:
    • Added industry variable 23: industry remove cost multiplier
  • by Steven:
    • Changed Depot handling.

from 72a3:
  • by Csaba:
    • Added industry variable 60 to get IDs of tiles in the industry
  • by Steven:
    Added comment/hint in autoslope where to add a industry tile callback check
from 72a2/1:
  • by Josef:
-edit-
Uploaded exe with versionsinfo
Attachments
201a72a4.zip
(367.2 KiB) Downloaded 582 times
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

This time I'm not even going to mention the beta. Just get the latest alpha at http://www.ttdpatch.net/src/

Lots of bugs and crashes have been fixed again. Some may not be fixed, in particular I haven't been able to reproduce the "weird text" problem that has been reported, and until I can reproduce it I probably can't fix it. As for the DOS version, there are some indications that the crashes at start are fixed, although I still have no idea what caused them or what fixed them...

The only new feature in alpha 73 is complete Unicode support: it is now possible to load glyphs (character symbols) for any Unicode character, and use it by encoding text strings with UTF-8. This allows TTD and TTDPatch to be translated into languages whose characters don't normally exist in TTD (even Japanese or Chinese... if someone makes the necessary fonts).

Anyway, enjoy the new version.

Josef.

All changes in 2.0.1 alpha 73 (February 13, 2006):
  • made callback 33 takeoff sound work for helicopters
  • fixed vehicles being unable to enter enhanced tunnels
  • fixed bug in DOS crash logger occasionally writing giant crash log
  • by stevenh:
    • repaired rv and tram depot finding
    • misc. graphical fixes for tram tracks on bridges and in tunnels
  • (devel) added -xt option to OpenWatcom to prevent DGROUP overflow
  • by Csaba:
    • added industry variable 60 to get tile IDs
    • added industry variable 23: industry remove cost multiplier
    • allow lumber mill to have two output types
    • added callback 3B to control special industry effects
    • new industry var 61 to get random bits of an industry tile
    • allow industry production callback to have some state information
  • defined language ID 3F to match any language setting
  • finished UTF-8 support and font glyph loading (action 12)
  • made higherbridges and grf helper window texts translatable
  • fixed crash with enhancetunnels on if no newgrf files loaded
  • fixed crash with multiple station IDs in one action 3
  • reduced newplanes/newships/newhouses sprite limits to stay within 64K sprite limit
Josef Drexler

eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

For text displaying bugs, consinder trying a73f1:

http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=406467#406467
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

Hi all!

It seems not mentioning the beta in the last announcement actually worked, and I am proud to announce that TTDPatch has finally gone beta again. It only took 29 months!

To properly appreciate the vast amount of changes that have gone into it since 2.0, the new version will be 2.5. And the first beta is now available at http://www.ttdpatch.net/src/

Compared to 2.0, the number of switches has nearly doubled, and especially the new graphics set capabilities have greatly increased. If you haven't been following the alpha releases, you can find the up-to-date manual at the TTDPatch wiki, simply go to http://wiki.ttdpatch.net/tiki-index.php?page=Manual to read about all the new switches.

I have added one experimental feature that may initially cause some problems. If you find that a large number of your .grf files suddenly have "invalid sprite" problems, you have probably accidentally enabled "mandatory GRF Resource Management" mode. This is mainly useful for graphics authors to test that their .grf files conform to the GRM specs, for most other people it should be turned of with "experimentalfeatures.mandatorygrm off" in ttdpatch.cfg. Note that if you're upgrading from 2.0, some grf files need to be updated too. If, after turning off mandatory GRM, they still have invalid sprites, try downloading the latest version of them. That should fix most problems.

There were again a lot of bug fixes since the last alpha, and some more newgrf features by Csaba. Enhanced tunnels (track over tunnel entrances) should now work fine even in PBS junctions. Also, I believe I have fixed the problem regarding the persistent engines feature and newgrf sets that use the "early retirement" property of vehicles. Please report it if this is not the case. Finally, the font problems from alpha 72 on are fixed now too.

From now on, the next few beta releases will be essentially bug fixes. If you know of a bug in TTDPatch, please make sure that we're aware of it too. The first place to check is the TTDPatch bug tracker at http://wiki.ttdpatch.net/tiki-view_trac ... rackerId=1 . It's fairly new, and I haven't yet imported all the "old" known bugs from the todo list at http://www.ttdpatch.net/src/todonow.txt so check that too. If the bug isn't in the tracker, feel free to make a new ticket there (even if it's also in the todo list; that way it's less likely to be forgotten). After creating the ticket, make sure to attach the relevant configuration files, crash logs and savegames to help us reproduce the problem and fix the bug.

I will start the translation process to get all the various translations up-to-date in the next few days. If you would like to volunteer for translating TTDPatch, please email me. I'll try to contact the previous translators first, but if they decline or (as is often the case) can't be contacted I can always use someone to fall back to.

In conclusion, enjoy the new version, and let's hope that the release of 2.5 isn't too far away now!

Have fun,
Josef

All changes in 2.5 beta 1 (February 26, 2006):
  • fix problems/crashes related to town grfs (fixed text problems too)
  • fixed crash with rv/tram tunnels with abandonedroads off
  • added missing switches to grf var 85
  • new experimental switch "mandatorygrm" to require that grfs reserve the IDs they use (will break many old grf files; only for authors)
  • fixed PBS with enhancetunnel bridge pieces
  • by Oskar: show reserved PBS pieces on enhancetunnel bridges
  • fixed newsounds crash if no sound hardware present
  • allow autoreplace to choose model with wrong refittability as long as default cargo type matches
  • by stevenh: fixed tunnel lockups when a tunnel was placed on top of another tunnel
  • by Csaba:
    • fixed newcargo price factors being calculated incorrectly
    • new global variable 10: snow line height table (give a snow line height for every day of the year)
    • (devel) renamed gethouseterrain to gettileterrain since it works for all tiles, not just for houses
    • industry variable 61 now contains the terrain type as well
    • added var. action 2 global variable 20 to get the snow line height
    • added action 5 type 0C * snowy versions of temperate trees
    • the snowline variable is now set to FFh for non*snowy games to make GRF coders' lives easier
    • (revert) industry variable 61 no longer contains the terrain type
    • added parametrized industry variable 62 to get landscape info about nearby tiles
    • bugfix: callback 3B didn't work correctly for effect 0; it was always planting fields no matter what the callback returned
    • bugfix: callback 22 is now enforced when building the industry as well
    • new industry variable B3h (byte), shows how the industry got built
    • industry variable A7h (byte) now contains the funder of the industry
  • fixed bug with plane colour schemes not considering cargo classes for passenger/freight determination
  • fixed early retirement for planes and ships setting train retirement instead
  • by Lakie: added train props 0B and 1F to callback 36
  • fixed(?) early retirement property breaking persistentengines
  • made ai boost and moreindustriesperclimate obsolete
  • fixed font size and newhistory problem in utf8 mode
Josef Drexler

Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

Hi all,

It took a bit longer than expected, but here's the second beta version of
TTDPatch 2.5: http://www.ttdpatch.net/src/

There isn't a lot to say. As is proper for a beta release, a lot of bugs
were fixed. There are still quite a few remaining, but the release is
coming ever closer.

Enjoy!

Josef

All changes in 2.5 beta 2 (April 2, 2006):
  • prevent crash if grf file forgets to set running cost base
  • by stevenh:
    • fixed hang when removing certain road tiles
    • truck button on tram bar disabled
    • standard bus stops disabled in build tram stop
    • texts fixed on tram toolbar and windows
    • building tram tracks over a depot no longer gives you ~$4,000,000,000
    • trees in desert repaired
    • custombridgeheads now works with tram tracks
    • misc tunnel/bridge infinite loops repaired
    • added more tram texts
    • tram depots only show trams and RV depots only show RVs
    • fixed problem when removing rail track from level crossings
  • with newindustries, the last industry of any type (except temperate oil wells) will never close down to preserve the full variety of industries
  • vehicle var FF bit 0 is toggled whenever train reverses
  • by Csaba:
    • bugfix: GRF version 7 support didn't work for callback 2F (mostrecentgrfversion wasn't loaded correctly)
    • bugfix: callback 2e didn't support GRF version 7
    • (devel) removed leftover code of moreindustriesperclimate
    • From now on, the middle height of the tile is considered when deciding snowyness, not the lowest. (Can be turned off by miscmods.dontchangesow)
    • Animation callbacks can now request random bits for randomizing animations
    • Bounding boxes are now limited to FFh instead of overflowing if a high building is built on high land.
    • changes to station property 12: now it either means cargo bits, or respects the cargo translation table
    • bounding box offsets are now considered signed, and values other than 0..Fh are now accepted
    • (devel) Centralized terrain type calculation. Now everything uses gettileterrain in newhouses.asm instead of three independent implementations.
    • New industry tile animation trigger 4 for starting animation when cargo is distributed from the industry
    • new returnable values for callback 29/35 to multiply/divide by 4/8/16/32
    • the screen is now updated every time the snow line height changes
    • new station variable 65 to get cargo acceptance
    • station variables 60..65 now respect cargo translation tables in GRF version 7
    • (devel) the load/unload patch is now applied always, a lot of stuff needs it anyway
    • Increased the amount of checked tiles while redrawing an area, hopefully fixes graphic glitches with high building built on high altitudes
  • by Oskar: store active GRFIDs in screenshot
  • fixed vehicle property for "not allowed" cargo classes
  • fixed possible crash when building locks on unsuitable slope
  • made it possible to translate bit switch descriptions
  • fixed incorrect max. tractive effort calculation
  • fixed window title in UTF-8 mode having invalid characters
  • allow certain 40+x/60+x vars to be used in purchase list
  • (devel) eliminate tons of conditional jumps in var.action 2 code by unrolling it, should be quite a bit faster now
  • fixed slowdown when train window open
  • (devel) fixed bug in newgrf performance profiler, added profiling of random/var.action 2 overhead
  • fixed unicode input in non-latin1 system codepages
Josef Drexler

Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

Hi all,

Beta 3 is now available at http://www.ttdpatch.net/src/

With a few rather annoying bugs in beta 2 (including industries constantly closing down), the fixes needed to come out a bit quicker than last time, so here it is. Again lots of bug fixes; we actually seem to be making some headway now, the bugs get fixed faster than new ones appear :)

Just a quick reminder (since I've been getting this question so many times lately), if you try the betas and suddenly have lots of GRF files giving sprite errors with code 24, you need to put "experimentalfeatures.mandatorygrm off" in ttdpatch.cfg to disable mandatory GRF resource management, which these files are incompatible with.

In other news, TTDPatch now has a Subversion repository (graciously hosted by Owen Rudge), so if you like you can now try even more cutting edge versions of the patch by checking it out from svn://svn.ttdpatch.net/trunk/ or browsing at http://svn.ttdpatch.net/ .

Enjoy,
Josef

All changes in 2.5 beta 3 (April 10, 2006):
  • fixed "OK" button in text input window in unicode mode corrupting characters
  • fixed messed up F800+x text IDs, added check to prevent this in the future
  • fixed bug with secondary industries constantly closing down
  • default state of "experimentalfeatures on" no longer includes mandatory GRM
  • by steven_h:
    • fixed "rename" button in RV purchase list renaming wrong vehicle
    • fixed bus stops being drawn as tram stops when tram-stop-build window is opened
  • fixed crash in verbose switch display
  • fixed crash when right clicking statistics button in player window
  • by Oskar:
    • prevent duplicate manual track type conversion of enhanced tunnels
    • enabled screenshot grfid function for DOS
    • (devel) dump grf status debug info
  • by Csaba:
    • allow merging foundations for houses
    • added callback 3C to disable autosloping for certain industry tiles
    • added industry tile var 61 and industry var 63 to get animation stages for nearby tiles
    • fixed wrong offsets of text in news messages
    • fixed crash when typing too much into an edit box in Unicode mode
    • added industry tile var 61 and industry var 63 to get animation stages for nearby tiles
  • when station is permanently removed, clear cargo from all vehicle transporting its cargo as well as cargo waiting at other industries to prevent crash
  • increased max.number of refit options to 256
  • fixed crash when using obsolete sign cheats
  • changed "too many sprites" error message to more elaborate grf conflict message also showing which resource and sprite are giving trouble
Josef Drexler

Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

Hi all,

the latest beta version is now available, as usual at http://www.ttdpatch.net/src/

As you might expect for a beta version, this one again has a lot of bugfixes, and not much else. GRF developers should take note of some changes to the way language IDs are specified (for action 4/B/11). Instead of using bit 6 to select the old/new language numbering scheme, this is now done by the GRF version set in action 8. Please see the updated wiki page for more details.

Please note that my main email address has changed. The @geology.cornell.edu will no longer be active in a few weeks. However all @ttdpatch.net addresses will continue to work as before.

Enjoy!
Josef

All changes in 2.5 beta 4 (April 30, 2006):
  • prevent "ignore signals" button from working in depot unless entire train is in depot
  • fixed ghost depots appearing after removing track from railroad crossing over town roads
  • fixed crash when too many station sets were activated
  • fixed morestatistics showing Manage button even with subsidiaries off
  • by eis_os:
    • changed onewayroads to only show markers when road building is active
    • added "debug" button to grf status window, writes info to grfdebug.txt
  • fixed hang when loading game if save had too many animation tiles
  • fixed handling of language ID bytes with bits 6 and 7 set
  • by Csaba:
    • fixed wrong industries appearing with newindustries on but newhouses off
    • text modifications are now applied to GRF texts as well
    • text modifications now handle UTF-8 correctly
    • fixed incorrect rail menu with unifiedmaglev=2 and electrifiedrails off
    • fixed crash if langID is changed via a GRF
    • fixed: callback 3D put the cargo type into the wrong variable
    • fixed toy factory breaking with newindustries (animation is reduced now)
  • (devel) ensure all sprite blocks always have a valid cargo translation table
  • fixed bug with "freighttrains off" still applying default multiplier of 5
  • fixed crash in industry production callback
  • grf language ID handling changed; grf version up to 6 use bit mask, from 7 on use language numbers
  • change value 00 in action F language ID to be american language if it is the first entry
  • fixed ship/plane vars 40+x getting wrong values after loading a game
  • fixed broken glyphs when disabling a font grf
  • (devel) makelang now checks for duplicate entries
  • fix PBS train crashes if train tries to reserve looping route
  • fix PBS train crashes if train cannot reverse
  • by steven_h:
    • fixed LocoGui build station from resetting 'station highlight area' to 1x1 when double-clicking on build station button.
    • tram/road depots now respect transparent buildings
  • fixed crash with enhancetunnels on but manuconv off
  • fixed status bar news messages are missing first char and having wrong colour in unicode mode
Josef Drexler

Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

Hi all,

yet another beta version is available at http://www.ttdpatch.net/src/

Before I go into the changes, here's a call for translators. Most of the translations have been taken care of, but some of the languages into which TTDPatch has been translated are missing translators (or I haven't been able to contact the ones who did it before).

If one of the following languages is your first language and you're competent in writing it, please contact me to translate new strings:
- French
- Russian
- Spanish

The following languages are up to date in beta 5:
- Dutch
- German
- Hungarian
- Italian

Please report any mistakes in these translations.

The following languages are being worked on and don't currently need translators:
- Czech
- Danish
- Finnish
- Norwegian
- Polish

If you would like to volunteer to translate TTDPatch to your language, and will be able to translate a ~1000 line document within no more than 2-4 weeks, please let me know as well.

Now back to the beta itself. Despite my best efforts to the contrary, I've let a few smaller features into the beta. Csaba has written support for animated stations, while Lakie wrote support for better coasts in corners by letting water flood diagonally (this can be disabled with miscmods.nodiagonalflooding on), and Oskar added the "forcegameoptions" switch to force certain settings in the game options in the title screen, so you can set the road traffic side, town names and other things that are normally always reset to their defaults.

If you have the DOS version and are using the -Z switch to enable low memory mode, please change that to -XZ; -Z will soon be used for another set of extended command line switches.

As for bug fixes, beta 5 has the usual bunch of them as well. In particular, some problems with new cargos and two crashes have been fixed, among several other minor changes. The full list is below as usual.

Enjoy!

Josef

All changes in 2.5 beta 5 (May 28, 2006):
  • by Csaba:
    • added callbacks 140, 141 and 142 for station animations
    • fixed electrifiedrail patch code overwriting some random memory (this fixes a crash on startup with enhancegui off)
    • fixed some incorrect cargo type handling for GRFs with version 7
    • the language of the EXE is now restored correctly when all translation GRFs are disabled
    • industries now can request random bits for the production callback
  • by Lakie:
    • allow water to flood diagonally (disable with miscmods.nodiagonalflooding on) and support graphics for resulting coasts
  • by eis_os:
    • fixed crash while creating grf debug log if grf had error condition
    • new switch "forcegameoptions" to set default game options
  • renamed -Z switch to -XZ to later allow -Z? extended switches
  • when fragment search fails show name of failed fragment and its patch proc
  • fixed zeppelin crash bug getting patched twice
  • updated German, Dutch, Italian and Hungarian translations
  • fixed train reversing problems with PBS in DOS
  • update consist callback variables when train reverses and in depot
  • changed station var.45 bits 4..7 to refer to connection to neighbouring platform not further along platform direction
  • fixed bit switch descriptions not being written with correct charset
  • fixed problem finding AI buy vehicle code if not all newvehicles switches are on
  • fixed problem with wrong variables being available in purchase window
  • fixed cargo types without cargo labels not being available for refit
  • action 7/9 check 0A now jumps if the GRFID is not found at all
  • fixed tenders errorneously appearing in purchase list
Josef Drexler

Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

Hi all,

Yes, it's time again for the next beta! Get it as usual at http://www.ttdpatch.net/src/

Another quick bit about translations, most languages are done or close to being done, but I'm right now looking for a *Finnish* translator. If you're good at Finnish and would like to help translating TTDPatch to your language, please email me as soon as possible.

Once again I've had to let a few smaller new features slip in. This time, Steven_h has added truck stops, which work like bus stops except for non-passenger cargos, while Oskar has added an experimental feature allowing a company to buy more than 255 trains (experimentalfeatures.incvehconsist on). Note that if you do have more than 255 trains, the train list will not work correctly and will draw trains all over the screen.

And since everybody seems to be adding features, I've made a small one too: the amount of cash per company has been bumped to a 64-bit variable. That means that it is no longer limited to the equivalent of £2 billion, but rather £9 trillion trillion. That should be enough for a while. Note that the individual amounts of the various categories, as well as other sums such as the company value stay limited as before, only the real amount of cash has had the limit raised like this.

Finally there have been a whole slew of bug and crash fixes again, see below for the full list.

So enjoy the new version, and yes, we *are* getting closer to a release... any month now... :)

Josef

All changes in 2.5 beta 6 (June 16, 2006):
  • updated Czech, Spanish, French translations, added Catalan translation
  • fixed action D global variables getting set as soon as flag is green
  • by steven_h:
    • implemented truck stops
    • made plane speed in callback 36 update whenever movementstat changes
  • by Csaba:
    • fixed FIFO data being stuck if an order is skipped manually
    • fixed station trigger 3 and animation trigger 4; now they should work even without gradualloading
    • fixed Unicode crash if non-ASCII manager initials were used
    • added industry variable 64 for checking the distance of closest industry with given type
    • fixed TTD bug: halving max. production causes zero production
    • fixed TTD bug: vehicles stopped then restarted again retained their old speed
    • fixed displaytownsize breaking newtownnames, causing duplicate names and incorrect order
    • fixed bug: cargo cost multipliers were applied incorrectly, sometimes causing a crash
    • fixed bug: ships sometimes had incorrect default cargoes and refittability
  • by Oskar:
    • fixed display of coast under higherbridges if canals is off
    • fixed canals/higherbridges coast code, reduced size
    • changed the diagonal flood code by Lakie, less code called by tick, bridges use the action 5 coast sprites aswell
    • new routine for the company vehicle summary so it allows more then 255 vehicles
    • fixed clicking train refit/reverse button, refit wrong button gets pressed, reverse button not at all
    • added hack to generalfixes to show long directory names in WinTTD
  • fixed bug where entering à opens the "Quit game" window
  • stop action D sprite GRM from allocating sprite in main menu GRF status window
  • added categories to all switches (shown in switches.xml output)
  • loadallgraphics switch has been obsolete for a while; marked it as such
  • fixed veh.var 45 having inconsistent values
  • make callback 36 support train prop 25
  • by Lakie:
    • now flooding diagonally from slopes into the sharp corners as well
    • implement 32px vehicle separation in train depot (grf var 9E bit 3)
    • fixed a TTD bug which allowed tiles under a bridge to flood with a vehicle on them
  • support for 64bit cash values
Josef Drexler

Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

Hi all,

Latest beta is available at http://www.ttdpatch.net/src/

Being busier than expected meant that this one took a little longer and I wasn't able to fix all bugs that I wanted to, so there'll be another beta before the release, maybe two.

As far as I can tell, now all translations are up to date, including the new Catalan translation. Many thanks to my translators!

Besides various bug and crash fixes (listed below), there isn't anything new in this beta, so all I can say is please test it and report any new problems so they may be fixed for the final release version.

Enjoy!

Josef

All changes in 2.5 beta 7 (July 16, 2006):
  • by Oskar:
    • fixed display of dikes with seelevel canals and cliffs
    • make enhancetunnels depend on higherbridges to avoid jumping vehicles at tunnels
  • updated Polish, Russian, Norwegian, Finnish, Danish, Spanish and Catalan translations
  • by Lakie:
    • fixed canals at sealevel not being saved when building a buoy
    • fixed drawing of buoys on canals
    • fixed bug in flooding diagonally
    • prevent flooding diagonally through canals
    • fixed the train list window to use the new train counter
  • add var 7E to allow procedure calls in var.action 2
  • fixed crash in train grfs using var 42
  • AI player's vehicles no longer count for persistentengines
  • allow wagons to expire
  • allow action D variables to be set during initialization as well (in addition to activation)
  • by Csaba:
    • fixed memory overwrite in moreanimation code
    • fixed hangars being possible to add to schedules for types other than aircraft
  • fixed incorrect station display if >4095 cargo units
  • fixed crash if mouse cursor sprite is larger than 6400 pixels
Josef Drexler

Return to “General TTDPatch”