Platform doesn't accept iron ore any more

Got problems with Locomotion? Find assistance here!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

ScottVal
Engineer
Engineer

Platform doesn't accept iron ore any more

Post by ScottVal »

Hello-

I had a train delivering iron ore to a steel mill, and the steel mill was accepting the iron ore, but then all of a sudden the platform would no longer accept the iron ore. The train would just turn around. (It is a dead-end style platform.) And when I mouse over the station name, it says "accepts iron ore." And the steel mill is still there.

And there is a platform on the other side of the steel mill which is still accepting iron ore.

Can anyone think of why this might be happening?

-Scott
Zainy521
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: Platform doesn't accept iron ore any more

Post by Zainy521 »

You might have deleted then replaced a piece of track with a way point on it, so then the train will always miss that way point and continue to run until you delete the way point.
ScottVal
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ScottVal »

The train gets to the platform just fine, and runs all the way to the end of the platform. Then it simply turns around (it's a dead-end style platform). The iron is not taken off the train. Even though (if you mouse over the station name) it says "accepts iron."

And yes, this platform is within four tiles of the steel mill (the catchment area of the platform overlaps the steel mill).

Besides, the platform used to accept the iron ore. But all of a sudden it stopped.

The next time I start up the Locomotion program, I'll get a screen shot for you.

Thanks. -Scott
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Darth Sidious »

It might be possible that the Steelmill is about to close down. If that happens, the station no longer accepts the iron ore, because the steelmill doesn't accept it anymore...
ScottVal
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ScottVal »

It's funny, I've played this scenario before ("Bottleneck Blues"), and the steel mill does shut down in the not too distant future!

However, I don't think that's the issue. I found that if I stopped the train, picked it up (thereby losing the cargo!) and put it back on the track, it goes and picks up more ore, and now the platform takes the ore.

I think I've encountered a bug, and the work-around is to pick up the train.

-Scott

Return to “Locomotion Problems, FAQs and Tutorials”