Best news ever

The "spiritual sequel" to Transport Tycoon Deluxe: Chris Sawyer's Locomotion is the latest game from him - general discussion about it here please!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

BobXP
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobXP »

SHADOW-XIII wrote:RCT2 does not look better than RCT .... it is exacly the same with graphics ... yes it has some 'tweaks' like that scenario editor ... but changes in RCT2 are so weak that they could be in another addon for RCT .. or even in a patch ... if you compare RCT to RCT 2 it looks like Warcraft 3 with all patches ... or like Starcraft with all patches :roll: many new good things ... but it is still the same
Well, as for graphics, mainly the interface, I mean the toolbar, and the bar at the bottom, also the hover buttons - gotta love them!

RCT doesn't fit well in the TT GUI engine - TT+TT GUI = good, RCT+RCT GUI = good, RCT+TT GUI = bad. And RCT1 = RCT+TT GUI.

This also explains one reason I don't like the look of Loco - it is TT+RCT GUI = bad.
<!-- End Of Post !-->
rllercstr7
Engineer
Engineer

Post by rllercstr7 »

I think Locomotion will be a better expansion, because Chris has been playing around and tweaking things since the release of the original TTD. This tells me that he is really inspired by the game. I think all the add-ons and RCT 2 were just to generate some revenue and work off the popularity of RCT. In others words I don't think he was as driven while making RCT 2 as he is and has been in making Locomotion.
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

rllercstr7 wrote:I think Locomotion will be a better expansion, because Chris has been playing around and tweaking things since the release of the original TTD.
He has? Why didn't he ever publish those tweaks?
BobXP
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobXP »

Because they were all abandoned.
<!-- End Of Post !-->
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

they took some stuuf out of rct for rct2 like reasearching ride improvements.

RCT and all add-ons ruled.

Patchman, what killed RCTpatch in the end? :?

Return to “General Locomotion”